Is Coaching right for me?
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Coaching may be right for you if you are ready to declare the following:
- I am ready to make a commitment of time, money, and energy in my own development.
- I am interested in coaching because I want to improve, not because someone else (my boss, my spouse, my colleague) wants me to change.
- I am capable of participating in rigorously honest self-appraisal.
- I am humble enough to realize I'm not perfect and that another person can assist me to become more effective.
- I am willing and able to devote the necessary time and effort to work with a coach over a period of several months.
- I am capable of trusting another person enough to talk candidly about my weaknesses and mistakes.
- I am confident that I have the ability to change my behavior.